Lessonly Web-Based Training Software
Lessonly is the powerfully simple, trackable training software teams use to learn and practice like never before.
The Web-Based Training Software
With Lessonly, companies and managers quickly transform knowledge into shareable lessons and resources, engage employees through interactive feedback loops, accelerate rep and team performance, and measure the impact of better learning across their organizations.
Web-Based Training Software
According to the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD), 75% of the American workforce will soon need some type of training. Over the next five years, to keep up with the pace of global competition and industry needs, companies will start training programs. A growing number of people are finding out that web based employee training is the ideal solution to meet the ever-changing and growing needs of learners. Web based training programs are transforming the corporate and education landscape; don’t let your company fall behind.
The Benefits of Web Based Training Software
How can a company train a group of employees across the globe in radically different cultures, languages, and timezones? The answer is simple: web based training software. Web based training eliminates the need for costly flights and keeps an organization aligned on what matters most, even from thousands of miles apart. Let’s take a glance at a few key advantages of web based training software:
Web-based software is convenient for any schedule
When it comes to doing work remotely, 69 percent of millennials will trade other work benefits for flexible workspace options. In a world that’s increasingly embracing remote work, web based training software provides employers and employees alike the versatility they need. As top talents demands more workplace options than ever, LMS software enables employees to learn at their convenience, wherever they choose.
Train on demand with web based software.
Online training platforms require no waiting to get started with training. A company no longer has to onboard new hires at the same time or wait for critical mass. Instead, as business ebbs and flows, web based training software allows a company to onboard when needed. And online training platforms free human resource employees from unnecessary time spent training, allowing them to focus on other areas of work or hone in on the most important topics in-person.
Web based training software, a browser’s best friend
Employees bring different talents to organizations. For employees that aren’t as digitally savvy, using a browser-based LMS software can prevent potential technical issues stemming from downloadable software or apps. Web based training software plays well with every operating system, so employees can nearly use web based software with any browser—which means less fretting about which operating system or type of computer employees use.
E Learning software is made for the company’s wallet
Predicting onboard costs can be difficult. Online training platforms, like Lessonly, are cloud-based meaning that companies know the exact cost every month. With LMS software, companies can evaluate and manage their onboarding expenses transparently and effectively. An LMS also means no more costly travel for employees to fly across the country or globe to attend training, but because web based training software is friendly for reps in any locale.
Stay aligned and consistent with web based training.
Global companies face the challenge of communicating and staying aligned about the things that matter most. With web based training software, teams can refresh themselves on the company’s vision as needed. Organizations can schedule quarterly or semi-annual training using the online training system, diminishing the issue of alignment. They also could push out essential information in minutes, allowing rapid back-and-forth flows of information and feedback from corporate leaders to frontline workers. When conducting exclusively live training, it’s easy to see how certain HR employee could deliver training differently or potentially miss a valuable point. Especially in areas like compliance, a company’s LMS software ensures consistency and helps employees stay one step ahead.
What is Computer Based Training?
Web-based training is the anytime, anywhere, internet based training delivered to users training in corporations and a wide array of other environments. Its flexibility is the ideal solution for providing training to people, anywhere in the world, at any time. Today’s advances in computer technology and internet speeds has ushered in outstanding capabilities for unchartered multimedia access. With today’s web browsers supporting animation, 3-D virtual reality, real-time audio and video, chat, and conferencing, it has created an unparalleled learning and opportunity for training. Web based training is designed to effectively meet the training needs of a wide and diverse population of today’s busiest workers.
Web based training programs are generally available in two different types of instruction:
- The asynchronous web-based training definition includes a self-paced and self-directed format.
- The synchronous web based training definition includes an instructor facilitating the course.
Web based training programs can be delivered through a wide array of methods, including:
- Screen cam tutorials
- Learning portals
- Hyperlinked pages
- Live web broadcasts
- Streaming audio/video
- Interactive methods
- Desktop video conferencing
- Threaded discussions
Proponents of web-based training feel it is the ideal solution for continuing education because it’s available on demand, cost-efficient, and doesn’t require any travel. On the other hand, critics highlight that web based training is an appropriate solution for self-motivated, independent learners, the need for human contact and technical issues limits it usefulness for students and workers that learn with other styles.
What to Look for in Web Based Training Software?
The process of evaluating web-based training software or e learning systems should be done based on the needs of the organizations. With hundreds of different online training systems available, it’s important to make sure you choose the ideal lms system for your organization. While there are several different criteria to look for in web based training tools, it’s vital to consider and include the following attributes in your assessment of web based learning tools.
Since not every lesson will be designed for everyone within the organization, it’s important to be able to assign courses to specific groups. The web based learning management system should allow you to quickly assign and enroll members in courses based on the needs of the organization. As you assign curriculum to different groups and individuals, the web based training software should also allow you to assign completion dates or timeframes the training has to be completed. Web based training examples of time frames would be a new employee that is required to complete a certain number of core courses within their first 120 days of employment.
The online courses software you choose should also be a valuable tracking tool for training and employee development. The majority of web based training software systems will provide you with some sort of tracking features, but the best also include reporting and notification features. These types of additional features ensure nothing is lost in the shuffle of large company-wide training initiatives or a surge to finish a special required training within a set amount of time.
Above all, it’s imperative to be able to easily and quickly build lessons. While a lot of today’s web based learning software is difficult to use and may seem like it requires a degree, it’s best to keep it simple. One way to define computer based training program is on its simplicity in building lessons.
The Freedom of Web Based Learning
At the core, the definition of online learning is synonymous with the Internet: it’s always on and always available. Because of this ubiquitous nature, online web based learning has become popular. Web based learning software offers users and the organization several benefits, such as:
- Trainees gain access to experts and colleagues from various geographic locations that they would typically not have the ability to communicate.
- Training happens anyplace and any time that Internet access is available.
- Individuals are able to learn around their schedule at their own pace within the provided time frame.
- Trainees can take advantage of continuous, lifelong learning without quitting their jobs, relocating, or having to stop the flow of their normal jobs.
In addition to offering the trainees more freedom and benefits, organizations enjoy many cost benefits, such as:
- Reduced costs for the organization because of fewer facility fees and travel related costs.
- Web based learning software is less expensive when considering the worldwide distribution and district-wide distribution of training pertaining to a limited number of participants in a classroom.
- Web based training lessons can be recycled or updated for additional training.
What is E-Learning?
The definition of e-learning is the utilization of electronic technologies to access educational curriculum outside of the typical classroom. Most e learning definitions refer to a course, program or degree that is delivered completely online. There are several different types of e-learning, such as the following:
- The definition of text driven e-learning includes simple content through graphics, text, some audio, and simple test questions. The most common example of text drive elearning courses is compliance courses.
- The best way to define e learning courses is text driven courses with visual interactive components to enhance the learning.
- Simulation e learning places a heavy emphasis on portraying concepts through different mediums, including text, graphics, audio, and video examples. Following these lessons, simulation elearning lessons typically include a “try-it” mode, where users can provethe skills they just learned.
What is E-learning Design?
To realize all the outstanding advantages of e-learning, it’s important to have an effective e learning checklist that includes some mixture of the following criteria:
- Did you analyze the identified needs, time constraints, and budgets?
- Have you examined and analyzed the elearning audiences?
- Are the course requirements consistent with the course objectives?
- Did you complete a task analysis?
- Does the course structure meet the instructional goals?
- Did you use a wide array of different instructional theories or models?
- Is the content offered in snackable and bite-size chunks of information for the participants?
- Are the headings clear and concise?
- Does each slide have bullet points?
- Does the design include a sufficient number of presentations, such as multimedia?
You don’t have to ask “What is web based learning?” anymore. For your own company, you should be able to establish your own web based learning definition. Every individual or organization will have their own definition due to their differing needs. But, the next time someone asks “What is elearning in your company?” you should be able to answer them. If you can’t, contact us and we’ll help you create your own definition.
- Call Center Training Software
- Call Center Training
- Computer Based Training Software
- Elearning Software
- Fmla Training
- Knowledge Management System
- Learning Management System Software
- Learning Management System
- Job Training Software
- Online Training Software Comparison
- Online Training Software
- Training Methods
- Virtual Training Software
- Workplace Training