Training Tracking Software
As long as a business is around, training employees to Do Better Work for that company will be necessary. It’s just a fact of life. In the days when training existed of one-on-one skills teaching, paper tests, or presentations in front of new employees, it was pretty easy to keep track of employee training programs and record who trained employees.
However, with today’s ever-present technology and the increasing speed of business, some kind of software to track employee training goes a long way to assign training and track employees who meet training requirements. There are plenty of tracking software platforms out in the world, but the more recent development of tracking software devoted to ensuring that employees know what they are doing on the job is one that everyone can appreciate.
What is Training Tracker Software?
So, what exactly is training tracking software? In a nutshell, an employee training tracking software platform is a program that easily conveys information to company managers, trainers, and owners regarding information that they need their employees to know. However, training tracking software for employees can be limited because certain training record management tools usually doesn’t allow for content to be created within the same software.
Why you Should Track Employee Training Records
Measuring training is hard, which is why so many leaders let these tasks fall by the wayside. But when teams need real answers about the success of their training program, guesses and estimates won’t cut it. The reality is that every team needs tangible metrics so they can not only report on training success but also make decisions on how to do Better Work. Still not convinced? Here are a few more reasons why you should track training with training tracking software.
- Easily identify who needs training on what and when: To tie training to employee performance, training tracking software works wonders. Teams who use employee training software can quickly identify if and when an employee needs additional support if they’re not performing up to par.
- Create a training calendar: Training tracking software also makes it easier to create and plan your team’s training calendar. From onboarding to ongoing training, you’ll quickly be able to prepare training materials and automatically send out lessons when your employees need them most.
- Track required employee safety and compliance training: If you work in a regulated industry, chances are your organization has to adhere to specific training and certification requirements. Employee training records can help ensure that every single team member is up to date on the latest safety and compliance regulations.
- Manage and share training data across the company: At some point, you’ll most likely need to share updates on your training efforts with your boss or executive team. Training tracking software provides transparency to training records and so you can easily share data with people outside of your team.
- Eliminate extra work: Say goodbye to excel spreadsheet templates for tracking your training program. This manual method takes a ton of time that you could be using to improve your training program.
What to Track with an Online Training System
Unfortunately, many companies track training success purely based on engagement and asking themselves if employees are completing training. The problem with this method is that there’s no real measurement of the correlation between training and the business outcomes we all want. It also doesn’t take into account knowledge retention or feedback, which are two major ways to monitor improvement. Simply put, basic completion metrics just aren’t enough. Instead, here’s what we suggest using a training tracker for.
- Learner Engagement: Training tracking software gives teams a clear view of which employees are taking ownership of their training and completing lessons on time.
- Learner Satisfaction: We strongly believe that your online training system or e-learning software should give your employees the chance to share their feedback on your program. Look for ways that your learners can rate training with a simple thumbs up or thumbs down. This will help you see how employees feel about training.
- Training comprehension: If you really want to see if your employees understand what they’re learning, then we suggest integrating quizzes and tests within your lessons. Then, review the scores to see if they’re comprehending and retaining newly learned material.
- Lesson visits: Do you know which training content is most popular with your team? What information do they keep going back to? By tracking this type of information, you’ll be able to identify topics they care about and skills that they want to improve.
- Search queries: A great LMS features search capabilities. This gives everyone the chance to easily search for training content in just a few clicks. Consider tracking what your employees are looking for to see if you have any gaps that you can fill will lessons and relevant content.
- Skill mastery: Much like training comprehension, it’s also important to track how well employees are mastering crucial skills that they need in their roles. Employee training trackers can help you review how well employees can leverage their skills on the job through practice exercises and interactive assessments behind the scenes.
- Certifications: It’s also becoming more common to combine training lessons and content to create certifications for employees. These certifications are a way to know who has completed a number of training lessons to become more knowledgeable in a certain skill or role. Training management software makes it easy to keep track of who has received certain certifications and who is actively pursuing training to earn a new certification.