Train Your Employees with Lessonly
Lessonly is the powerfully simple, trackable training software teams use to learn and practice like never before.
The Leading Employee Training Software
With Lessonly, companies and managers quickly transform knowledge into shareable lessons and resources, engage employees through interactive feedback loops, accelerate rep and team performance, and measure the impact of better learning across their organizations.
Employee Training Software
Employee development software allows you to direct, control, and empower your staff and create a stronger, more focused employee base. From identifying the need to develop specific skill sets to managing performance evaluations, employee development programs provide you with the critical resources necessary for intelligent, accurate and productive career development.
An employee development plan centers on giving encouragement to your staff to acquire new knowledge and skills by providing training content and facilities, then helping staff find avenues to apply their new skills towards career advancement.
Employee training software will give your organization the tools to:
- Anticipate future training needs of the organization.
- Build employee skill sets adapted to your company.
- Increase the value of existing employees.
- Recruit and retain talent with the appropriate experience and skills.
- Provide effective, targeted training to your employees.
Establishing the importance of employee development begins with the right training program. You will have unlimited employee development ideas available to empower your workforce with the right skills for success by:
- Developing and simulating group and individual training plans.
- Automating the creation of training lessons.
- Establishing the educational needs and creating the curricula.
- Designing and maintaining employee-training histories.
- Meeting continuing education requirements.
Moreover, you will have the tools necessary to maximize employee performance by preparing individualized annual performance evaluations, skills assessments, and customized evaluation questionnaires and forms. In addition, you can track and enhance your employees’ career paths.
Employee development software gives you the ability to make staffing decisions quickly yet intelligently in addition to designing replacement and succession plans. Your company will benefit from a stronger workforce when you can quantitatively measure the discrepancies between one specific employee’s skills against the skills necessary for his or her position (skill gap analysis). Your training efforts will target those gaps and create a more proficient, productive staff.
Training Tracking Software
With training tracking software, you can know instantly who needs to be trained in which skills to strengthen your team. Tracking training through an online training software allows you to plan and prepare for staff training quickly and easily in addition to targeting the training to skill gaps. You will have the capability to run reports that show upcoming and overdue training in a predefined period of time. The transparency created by employee performance tracking software gives you additional time to fine-tune the sessions and maximize the educational benefits.
In addition to these benefits, employee training software stores all employee training records in one centralized location. No longer will your records of HR training, Employee Safety Training and Internal/External training be stored in file cabinets, different systems or separate groups. By using tracking employee training software, you will have consolidated records and instant access to the files.
Share and Manage Training Records Across the Organization
Whether you want to simply standardize the system for managers and administrators of your training sessions or create more transparency for the entire workforce, training tracking software eliminates the time-consuming tedious work to create compliance reports, and gives you the capability to create login accounts to define the user roles. In addition, you will have the capability to:
- Track training records of the entire company or individual employees.
- Require follow-up sessions based on course version, calendar time or one time only.
- Assign training sessions by job function, individual or group.
- Schedule and manage training sessions and staff enrollment.
- Record attendance, cancelations and course completion.
- Record training hours, credits and assessment scores.
- Print transcripts and training compliance reports.
- Design staff training plans.
- Track costs by individual, group, category, supervisor or course.
- Import personnel data and master course information.
- Create audit trail reports, which tracked changes in data.
Effective Training Techniques
You have many methods to deliver your employee training programs effectively. The types of employee training you choose depends upon the content and course objectives. One method may be sufficient, or you may find a blend of techniques works well with your staff. The goal is to use the most efficient and successful techniques to help your staff learn and retain the training content.
Employee Training Programs
While elearning is very effective and gaining in popularity, many in-person training methods remain viable and useful. In fact, a blend of both may be the most efficient way to deliver educational content. The importance of employee training sessions will help determine the selections.
Some choices in delivery methods include:
- Instructor-led training in a classroom setting.
- Whiteboard or blackboard.
- Overhead projector.
- Video lectures or online employee training programs.
- PowerPoint presentations.
- Employee training software.
- Employee training program template.
In addition, you can keep trainees involved and attentive through the use of many interactive techniques including:
- Small group discussions.
- Case studies.
- Active summaries.
- Question and answer sessions.
- Question cards.
- Role playing.
- Participant control.
Prior to selecting the specific training methods, take into account the overall considerations and objectives of the training. To help determine the training goals, take some time to answer the following questions:
- What new skills do you want your employees to master?
- What are the goals for the training session?
- Do you want to trade new skills for outdated skills?
- Do you want to create a safer workplace or encourage different behavior?
- Is the training meant to promote an equal and fair workplace, free of harassment and discrimination?
- Who is receiving the training: seasoned employees, new employees, or upper management?
The answers will help you narrow the process for selecting the best delivery methods for the employee training session.
Training Manager Software
Your company may have a human resources department that handles training utilizing employee training software; however, as a manager, you can strengthen your own team by participating in the development of new skills. While your primary role may be directing and reviewing the work performed by your direct reports, by taking a proactive role in identifying skill gaps and providing the training to fill in those gaps, you will create a team that functions more efficiently. Training manager software gives you the tools to conduct skills gap analysis and create training sessions targeted to your employees’ needs quickly and easily.
Employee Training Topics
As a manager, you will strengthen your employees and create a more productive team by proactively training them in new skills and work methods. Consider training your staff on the following employee training topics:
- Customer service: including handling customer complaints, product knowledge, goal-oriented focus, and defining exceptional customer service.
- Sales training: including effective communication skills training, listening skills, customer service skills, and time management skills.
- General onboarding: including client and end-user support training, setting and achieving customer expectations, and building customer confidence.
- General training: including business ethics, diversity, workplace safety, sexual harassment for managers and employees, the Family Medical Leave Act, and managing challenging employees.