Employee Training Software
Employee development software allows you to direct, control, and empower your staff and create a stronger, more focused employee base. From identifying the need to develop specific skill sets to managing performance evaluations, employee development programs provide you with the critical resources necessary for intelligent, accurate and productive career development.
An employee development plan centers on giving encouragement to your staff to acquire new knowledge and skills by providing training content and facilities, then helping staff find avenues to apply their new skills towards career advancement.
Employee training software will give your organization the tools to:
- Anticipate future training needs of the organization.
- Build employee skill sets adapted to your company.
- Increase the value of existing employees.
- Recruit and retain talent with the appropriate experience and skills.
- Provide effective, targeted training to your employees.
Establishing the importance of employee development begins with the right training program. You will have unlimited employee development ideas available to empower your workforce with the right skills for success by:
- Developing and simulating group and individual training plans.
- Automating the creation of training lessons.
- Establishing the educational needs and creating the curricula.
- Designing and maintaining employee-training histories.
- Meeting continuing education requirements.
Moreover, you will have the tools necessary to maximize employee performance by preparing individualized annual performance evaluations, skills assessments, and customized evaluation questionnaires and forms. In addition, you can track and enhance your employees’ career paths.
Employee development software gives you the ability to make staffing decisions quickly yet intelligently in addition to designing replacement and succession plans. Your company will benefit from a stronger workforce when you can quantitatively measure the discrepancies between one specific employee’s skills against the skills necessary for his or her position (skill gap analysis). Your training efforts will target those gaps and create a more proficient, productive staff.
Training Tracking Software
With training tracking software, you can know instantly who needs to be trained in which skills to strengthen your team. Tracking training through an online training software allows you to plan and prepare for staff training quickly and easily in addition to targeting the training to skill gaps. You will have the capability to run reports that show upcoming and overdue training in a predefined period of time. The transparency created by employee performance tracking software gives you additional time to fine-tune the sessions and maximize the educational benefits.
In addition to these benefits, employee training software stores all employee training records in one centralized location. No longer will your records of HR training, Employee Safety Training and Internal/External training be stored in file cabinets, different systems or separate groups. By using tracking employee training software, you will have consolidated records and instant access to the files.
Share and Manage Training Records Across the Organization
Whether you want to simply standardize the system for managers and administrators of your training sessions or create more transparency for the entire workforce, training tracking software eliminates the time-consuming tedious work to create compliance reports, and gives you the capability to create login accounts to define the user roles. In addition, you will have the capability to:
- Track training records of the entire company or individual employees.
- Require follow-up sessions based on course version, calendar time or one time only.
- Assign training sessions by job function, individual or group.
- Schedule and manage training sessions and staff enrollment.
- Record attendance, cancelations and course completion.
- Record training hours, credits and assessment scores.
- Print transcripts and training compliance reports.
- Design staff training plans.
- Track costs by individual, group, category, supervisor or course.
- Import personnel data and master course information.
- Create audit trail reports, which tracked changes in data.
Effective Training Techniques
You have many methods to deliver your employee training programs effectively. The types of employee training you choose depends upon the content and course objectives. One method may be sufficient, or you may find a blend of techniques works well with your staff. The goal is to use the most efficient and successful techniques to help your staff learn and retain the training content.
There are many methods available to effectively deliver employee training, including on-site, in-person employee training programs. Now, employee training software, including online employee training software has also grown in popularity. The types of employee training that are best for a given organization depend on the content and course objectives that the company’s leadership deems necessary for its staff. One method of staff training software may be sufficient, or it may be that a blend of techniques works well for a company’s team. For example, in certain industrial contexts, most if not all training must be accomplished in person, because it’s tied directly to specialized machinery or equipment. Businesses in other fields may benefit from staff training software that’s used on-site at the physical location. In many other situations, online employee training software—these are employee training programs that can be used from anywhere with an internet connection—may be the better choice.
Many businesses will benefit from a healthy mix of techniques. Some employees may respond best to in-person instruction from an instructor in a classroom setting. Others will respond best to hands-on, highly interactive training with collaboration from their coworkers. In the end, the goal is to use the most efficient and successful techniques available to help the company’s staff learn and retain the training content they need to succeed in their various roles.
Employee Training Programs
While elearning is very effective and gaining in popularity, many in-person training methods remain viable and useful. In fact, a blend of both may be the most efficient way to deliver educational content. The importance of employee training sessions will help determine the selections.
Some choices in delivery methods include:
- Instructor-led training in a classroom setting.
- Whiteboard or blackboard.
- Overhead projector.
- Video lectures or online employee training programs.
- PowerPoint presentations.
- Employee training software.
- Employee training program template.
In addition, you can keep trainees involved and attentive through the use of many interactive techniques including:
- Small group discussions.
- Case studies.
- Active summaries.
- Question and answer sessions.
- Question cards.
- Role playing.
- Participant control.
Prior to selecting the specific training methods, take into account the overall considerations and objectives of the training. To help determine the training goals, take some time to answer the following questions:
- What new skills do you want your employees to master?
- What are the goals for the training session?
- Do you want to trade new skills for outdated skills?
- Do you want to create a safer workplace or encourage different behavior?
- Is the training meant to promote an equal and fair workplace, free of harassment and discrimination?
- Who is receiving the training: seasoned employees, new employees, or upper management?
The answers will help you narrow the process for selecting the best delivery methods for the employee training session.