This blog post was updated in October 2020. For the most up-to-date information, feel free to reach out to your Account Manager for more assistance or additional Salesforce integration documentation.
Today, we’re sharing a quick tip showing you how to easily take your Lessonly account and embed it into Salesforce as a tab.
Thousands of companies are using Salesforce as their CRM of choice, and minimizing the number of applications a person has to go to by having these apps appear inside Salesforce is a common goal. The Lessonly tab serves the purpose of giving your users access to Lessonly inside of Salesforce via an iframed experience.
Here’s how to do it
If you’re adding the Lessonly tab at this point, you have likely already assigned permission settings to your Salesforce users, and some will have access to their Lessonly account via a new tab called “Lessonly.” In order to complete enabling users access, you need to Connect App Access AND Permission.
- Within Salesforce, go to Setup (top, right hand corner cog wheel in Lightning).
- Navigate to Manage Connected Apps page (under Connected Apps, see image below).
- Click the Edit button next to the Lessonly Canvas app (image below)
- Under OAuth Policies section, change the Permitted users value to “Admin approved users are pre-authorized” on the drop down.
- Click Save.
Test it out
Once you have assigned permission sets and given users access to the connected App, you can try out the Lessonly tab by simply navigating to it yourself.
- If you ARE already a user in Lessonly and your email in Lessonly matches your email in Salesforce, you will be signed in as that Lessonly user.
- If you are NOT a user already in your Lessonly account, or your emails don’t match, it will create you as a new Learner.
- Here is what the experience should look like, once you are activated:
And with that, you should be all set up with the Lessonly tab in Salesforce. If you have any questions on how this works or if things are looking fishy, don’t hesitate to peruse the Lessonly Help Center or reach out to email@example.com. We’re always happy to help out!
Want to see how Lessonly helps frontline teams like yours? 💛
Our training software helps over 1000 business teams across the globe learn, practice, and do better work. Click any of the tiles below to discover more of what we’re about at Lessonly! Or, if you don’t know where to start or have lots of questions, here are the 5 most important things to know about us.