Obie has launched a new browser extension, for personal use, that accelerates work by helping you find, access and share any file, document or knowledge that you need to get more done.
51% of employees avoid sharing documents because they can’t find them or it would take too long to do so, according to an Igloo 2020 State of the Digital Workplace report.
Searching for and accessing frequently reused documents, knowledge or files can be costly to productivity. If you have been either:
- Interrupted with a request from a colleague requesting a file, document or knowledge to complete their work
- Blocked by the inability to find some knowledge, a file or document to complete your own work
…then the Obie browser extension can help you quickly find, access and share any internal knowledge so that you can get your colleagues back on track or continue your own work to maximize productivity.
Connect to knowledge stores
Obie connects to all of the places where you store your knowledge by simply flipping a switch and authenticating your account. Our integration list includes:
- Google Drive (Sheets, Slides, Docs and anything else stored in Drive such as PDFs, images, videos — ANYTHING)
- Salesforce Service Cloud (beta)
- Intercom (beta)
- more coming soon!
Enhance your Obie search experience personal notes and FAQs
Along with the numerous integrations, the Obie personal use browser extension allows you to create instantly searchable text snippets (we call them Obie FAQs) to enhance searchability and access of frequently reused knowledge. This is ideal for replacing sticky notes, text snippets, frequently accessed data, instructions and procedures that are not optimally stored in Google Drive, Dropbox or one of our other integrations. Here is what an FAQ looks like:
- Up to 1000 characters
- Unstyled text
- Question and Answer format